Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Longest Layover

Wednesday 4 February 2015

The line for the bus to the airport from Southern Cross started moving so my housemate and I shared a nice, fitting, brief hug. Waving good-bye to her on the bus I became unforeseeably emotional. Fighting back tears was unnecessary so I just thought of how lucky I was to have such a wonderful friend to miss.


I also thought that my unusual emotional state was a good omen for this trip because the last few times I went overseas and felt overwhelming emotions, such as feeling I'd forgotten something, it turned out ok. (For those playing at home, no I did't feel that way for my October flight :S).



I should have expected that might cry because when I woke up my heart started beating loud enough to wake my housemate just for the thought that I had a plane to catch, something I had not experienced in any way for all my previous trips overseas.

When it stared raining more heavily as the bus pulled out, my heart swelled for Melbourne and it’s crazy weather. It was almost like it was saying it would miss me too, but it was time for me to go.


The flight was pleasant enough, but I got my first taste of travel sickness this time. It was probably too hot for my on the at plane. Luckily, being a later flight, I went directly to my hotel and after freshening up got straight into bed.

View from Hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment