Thursday, February 5, 2015

(Don't swing on your chair, it's too much) Paperwork

Thursday 5 February 2015


Did you know that Guangzhou was once called Canton? If you did, why didn’t you tell me?!! Then I wouldn’t have been so struck by how large it is. It’s a city of over eight million people and my first glance from the highway certainly showed it. The imposing skyline was made a sight for my sore, flight-weary eyes with the flashing sequences of colourful neon lights.

As in Peru, the Chinese also honk their car horns as a form of communication on the roads. My windows are not double glazed at the hotel, and I suspect the apartments won’t be either, so the noise of the traffic was somewhat disruptive of my first night’s sleep.

I had researched the company I am working for extensively before I applied for the job. From the reviews and other articles I knew it was going to be a great Language school to work for. However, they still impressed me more on the first day. Not only did they have orientation staff that surpassed expectation with knowledge and friendliness but by also providing yoga lessons for, at least, the Head Office staff. After opening my bank account, we happened to walk into the office as the class was just starting. My visa officer needed to make a few calls so invited me to go join the group. Boy, did I need it! I didn’t even know how much I did until I felt the lovely burn of the warrior pose and the relaxation or my muscles after each release.

So, after signing all the contracts again in multiple copies it was time for lunch!

View from Head Office



No comments:

Post a Comment